I had one resolution for 2012. I was going to enjoy my two month road trip around the country. Mission accomplished!
What are my resolutions for 2013? I’m not completely certain. Here’s some ideas.
- I’d like to successfully finish the coding project I just took on.
- Other than the week I was on the cruise, my reading in 2012 continued the slump that began in 2011. I’d like to get back to reading more. I’m not sure what to do about that though.
- Join or start a book club?
- More social reading events?
- Block out time for reading?
- Re-read something I really enjoy?
Kinda tied in with this is that I do not want Read Irresponsibly to remain fallow.
- 2012 was a lonely year. The woman I was seeing casually at the end of 2011, things did not work out with her after I returned from my trip. I’m not sure what kind of relationship I want though. And I’m really having a hard time following through with my attempts to do anything so far. I re-activated my account on OkCupid, but I haven’t even looked at it in 3 weeks. The thought of
sellingmy good qualities through correspondence there just fills me with dread. There is one person I met in person (not through OkCupid) a week or so ago that I will ask out, and getting a yes/no answer on whether to go on a first date sounds so much more appealing than what seems to happen on OkCupid. OkCupid, must be doing it wrong.
- There’s a genealogy certificate program at the UW. I’m interested in pursuing that, but I don’t know if that’s doable.
What other possibilities? I don’t know.